Jan 29, 2015Tips for the Trade Show
Besides the educational sessions, panel discussions, NATA Hall of Fame induction ceremony, keynote address, and all the other events at the convention, don’t miss the trade show floor. It’s a hub of activity where you can learn about the newest products in the sports medicine marketplace, form relationships with vendors, and “kick the tires” on a wide selection of products from knee braces to sports drinks to weightroom equipment.
Our Training & Conditioning team has been attending trade shows for many years, and we’ve learned how to get the most from these events. Here are a few tips:
• Plan your trade show time in advance, with our listing of all vendors by company name and booth number.
• Remember to bring a stack of business cards with you. You’ll meet a lot of people at the show–athletic trainers and vendors alike–in a short span of time, and exchanging business cards is a great way to make lasting connections.
• If you don’t have business cards, pre-print mailing labels with your name, title/employer, address, phone number, and e-mail address. At many companies’ booths, you’ll be invited to fill out a form to receive information, join a mailing list, or enter a drawing, and using stick-on labels is much easier than writing everything out by hand.
• Wear comfortable shoes. The NATA encourages everyone to dress like a professional at the show, and that’s important–but don’t sacrifice comfort for appearance. First-time convention goers are often surprised at how much walking they do each day. In addition, many companies offer the opportunity to test their training equipment: You won’t enjoy trying out the latest treadmill or stationary bike in wing tips or high heels.
• Bring a notebook. Whether or not you’re in the market for new products, you’ll want the chance to write notes on interesting things you saw at the show. You can use the same one to take notes at the educational sessions you attend.
Finally, don’t forget to stop by the T&C booth and pick up your show packet! It contains our May/June issue, with our usual mix of articles plus a special guide to products on display at the convention and new products just being launched. Remember to look through your packet for gold stickers–you have hundreds of opportunities to instantly win a prize from one of our participating advertisers.
And, this is a great time to renew your T&C free subscription. By doing so you will be entered to win a $200 gas card. The winner will be notified after the show.
T&C Booth Now #1120
NATA Trade Show Hours
Wednesday, June 23
10 a.m. – 5 p.m. (restricted to certified athletic trainers, certified athletic training students and associate member attendees)
Thursday, June 24
10 a.m. – 5 p.m. (open to all attendees)
Friday, June 25
10 a.m. – 1 p.m. (open to all attendees)