Jan 29, 2015Tips for the Trade Show
You’ll also want to make sure you don’t miss the trade show floor in the exhibit hall. It’s a hub of activity where you can learn about the newest sports medicine products, form relationships with vendors, and catch up with us at T&C. Our team has been attending trade shows for many years, and we’ve learned how to get the most from these events. Here are a few tips:
- Plan your trade show time in advance using our listings of all vendors by company name and booth number.
- Remember to bring a stack of business cards with you. You’ll meet a lot of people at the show–athletic trainers and vendors alike–in a short span of time, and exchanging business cards is a great way to make lasting connections. If you don’t have business cards, print out mailing labels with your name, title/employer, address, phone number, and e-mail address. At many company booths, you’ll be invited to fill out a form to receive information, join a mailing list, or enter a drawing–and using stick-on labels is much easier than writing everything out by hand.
- Before you leave for the show, download coupons from T&C advertisers and bring them with you, so they’ll be ready to drop off at company booths. Most coupons will ask for your name, address, and contact info. You can use them to win free items or receive discounts from vendors. You can access these coupons by clicking on the ad in this e-mail newsletter.
- Wear comfortable shoes. Suggested attire for the show is business casual. The NATA encourages everyone to dress professionally at the show, and that’s important–but don’t sacrifice comfort for appearance. First-time convention goers are often surprised by how much walking they do each day. In addition, many companies offer the opportunity to test their training equipment and you won’t enjoy trying out the latest treadmill or stationary bike in wing tips or high heels.
- Bring a notebook. Whether or not you’re in the market for new products, you’ll want to be able to write notes on interesting things you see at the show. You can use the same one to take notes at the educational sessions you attend.
- Finally, don’t forget to stop by the T&C booth. You can pick up a show packet that contains our May/June issue, with a special guide to products on display at the convention and new products just being launched. Remember to look through your packet for tickets–there are hundreds of opportunities to instantly win a prize from one of our participating advertisers. This is also a great time to renew your free T&C subscription.
MomentumMedia Sports Publishing (publisher of T&C) has also started offering educational books, and we will have those related to the sports medicine field at the booth so you can check them out. You can head to our online bookstore to find out more about the available books. MomentumMedia will also have the Athlete’s Guide to Nutrition and Parents’ Guide to Sports Concussions booklets available for perusal.
Here’s where and when to find T&C at the show:
Tuesday, June 25 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. (restricted to certified and associate NATA members)
Wednesday, June 26 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. (open to all registrants)
Thursday, June 27 from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. (open to all registrants)