Sep 23, 20202020 NSCA National Virtual Sessions Held This Week
While COVID-19 has most of us stuck at home, it’s the perfect time to focus on expanding your professional knowledge and earn CATEGORY A CEUs through the National Strength and Conditioning Association’s (NSCA) virtual events.
This week the NSCA held its 3D Expo, allowing guests to interact with varying exhibits in a 3D virtual environment.
In addition to visiting vendors, you can also access complimentary educational content by clicking into free sessions. The NSCA Store is there to shop around for all your NSCA gear and clothing needs. Need to recertify? Check out details at the NSCA Resources Booth. There is also a dedicated area to learn about the NSCA’s newest certification, Certified Performance and Sport Scientist (CPSS).
The list of speakers and topics covered ran the gamut from rest and recovery to personalized nutrition to velocity-based training. Visitors can earn up to 1.6 CEUs by listening to certain topics.
» ALSO SEE: Guide To Maximizing Battle Ropes
Here is the full list of speakers and their selected topics for the 2020 NSCA National Virtual Sessions.
- Duncan French — Concurrent Training: ‘Real World’ Applications from Combat Sports and MMA (KEYNOTE)
- Nanci Guest — Sport Nutrigenomics: Personalized Nutrition for Athletic Performance
- Shona Halson — Maximizing Performance and Adaptation Through Sleep
- Bill Kraemer — An Evolutionary Perspective: Sport Science Past, Present, and Future
- Len Kravitz — The Physiology of Fat Loss
- Greg Myer — Data Overload: Harnessing the “Noise” from Emerging Technologies to Improve Athlete Performance and Safety
- Nicholas Rolnick — The Science Behind the Power of Blood Flow Restriction
- Catherine Saenz — Friend, Foe, or Forgotten: The Confusion Surrounding Dietary Fat for Performance
- Beau Smith — The Continuum of Care: A Strength and Conditioning Professionals’ Role in Allied Health
- Jeremy Townsend — Probiotics for Sports Performance and Body Composition Optimization
- James Tufano — Conducting Velocity-Based Training without Velocity-Based Training Equipment
- Nicklaas Winkelman — The Language of Coaching (KEYNOTE)
Though the speaking engagements conclude on Wednesday, September 23 at 4 PM. For more information from the NSCA, click here.